Saturday, January 31, 2009

Turning 32

Just had to share this ... I am turning 32! I know it's not even my birthday MONTH yet but it's on my mind. How come??? 30 and 31 seemed to pass by with out any resonating feelings.

I think it's because I can remember MY Mom and my Grandmother when they were in their 30s. It's so interesting to have a young family. Now when I look back and remember my Mom at 32, I was 14 and she had to run around dropping me off at basketball practice and picking me up, only to drop me off at an AAU game that same night. Mom, how did you do it???!!!! We kept you so busy! So Mom, I want you to know, you are amazing. You worked full time our entire life, you raised us fabulous girls, you cooked dinner and we sat at the table just about every night, you listened when I needed you to and knew when to add your opinions and when to butt out, and most importantly, you still had so much fun with us!!!! So here's a big THANK YOU to my Mom, you are and will always be my role model. (AND ... thank you for my UGG boots, they are amazing and have kept my feet warm through this horrific cold winter! xoxo)

So, as I look ahead to 32, I hope to be able to juggle motherhood as well my Mom -- even if I almost reversed through my garage door yesterday!!!

I was sent a survey on email that asked me to put down 25 random things about me, so here they are:

THINGS THAT MAKE ME SMILE:
1. ROB
2. WATCHING THE GIRLS PLAY ON THE FLOOR TOGETHER
3. SPENDING TIME WITH MOM AND MICHAEL
4. HANGING OUT WITH MY SISTER (and Timmy and Keely)
5. SEEING MY BEST FRIENDS
6. GABBING ON THE PHONE
7. GETTING A CARD IN THE MAIL
8. SEEING PICTURES OF MY FRIENDS ON THEIR WEDDING DAY
9. READING THE BLOGS
10. STEAK FRITES AT AQUITAINE
11. GIRLS NIGHT OUT
12. WHEN ROB CALLS AND SAYS HE'S ON HIS WAY HOME
13. OUR ANNUAL GIRLS WEEKEND
14. DEWEY
15. PLANNING A VACATION
16. A GLASS OR RED WINE (LATELY ZINFADEL OR PINOT NOIR)
17. SEEING MY FAMILY ALL TOGETHER
18. WEARING MY SCARVES THAT MICHELLE HAS MADE FOR ME
19. COFFEE WITH CREAM AND SUGAR
20. WORKING WITH THE KIDS AT SCHOOL
21. WATCHING EMMA MAKE FRIENDS
22. GOING ON A DATE WITH ROB
23. BUBBLE BATHS
24. RUNNING
25. TAKING PICTURES OF OUR FAMILY

**OK, I COULD WRITE TONS MORE BUT THERE'S THE JIST, FEEL FREE TO WRITE YOUR OWN LIST. I WONDER, WOULD IT BE EASY OR HARD??**

No comments:

Post a Comment