Monday, January 26, 2009

Princesses everywhere ...

As a Mom to two little girls it is no surprise that my world is filled with Princesses. It actually makes me chuckle because I am absolutely a girly girl but I can honestly say that when I think back to my childhood I recall it as being filled with dirt, transformers, and basketball. I definitely was more a tomboy until middle school (always feeling more comfortable playing a pick up game with the guys than cheering from the sidelines) so when I watch Emma run around the house playing princess and living in fairytale land I chuckle and think "where did she come from??" but my mother informed me this weekend that Emma is VERY much like me at that age ... Rob is not surprised!
Here's a little snip-it of our almost 3 year old in motion tonight:
Me: "Mommy got the mail, anything in there for Emma?"
Emma: "Give me one Mommy"
Me: "Here's a catalogue for you to look through"
Emma (while looking at the Birthday Wishes party catalogue): "OOOOH, Ariel and Belle, and Cinderella. Mommy I need a Cinderella princess party. Mommy look we need Cinderella cups with baby marshmallows in them like on there (pointing to the extravagantly decorated princess party themed table showcased in the catalogue!). Let's tell Daddy. We need princesses and belle and Cinderella and Ariel. Ariel is my favorite ... (and on and on she went).
Lesson learned ... do not show 3 year old catalogues or you will end up buying a Princess Birthday Party Bonanza!

3 comments:

  1. cool! I can't wait for the princess party. better yet I can't wait for the Swiper Party! thanks for the comment. it looks like yoga will be cancelled however i did join the gym and went during lunch today. :) I love you lil sis and I hope you have a great week.
    PS- It was really fun to hang out on Sunday. I love those types of days where we don't have to rush and can just relax on blow up beds!
    Give a hug to the girls!
    xoxoxo
    AA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well the other option would be dinosaur craziness that I live in!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi guys,
    I am trying for weekly check in with the blogs. I love seeing all the pics and reading everything that the kids are up to. That is so cute that Emma is so into princesses and pink. A princess party it is!!!
    Big hugs to the little cuties.
    Love Mich

    ReplyDelete