Thursday, November 11, 2010

Where did the time go?

Anticipation...
So with a blink of an eye we are heading full steam ahead into the Holiday Season! I have no idea where September and October went (anyone else feeling the same way?). What I do know is, I am super excited about preparing for the holidays! I have my stack of catalogues WAITING for a cozy Sunday ... tea in one hand, and post-it's in the other (to flag the fun finds I want to share with my family and friends).
I love spending time with family, no rushing just long leisurely days and then the crazy tradition of Black Friday continues, where April and I wake up at 3 a.m. to hit the stores! We really do get some amazing finds. Anyone else hitting the stores on Black Friday?
Ring, Ring ...
With life filling up and the days flying by, I am happy that we have tried new ways to stay connected. The past two weeks we have logged onto Skype to see "Auntie Shelley and Zio Luigi", it has been awesome. I miss seeing Michelle so so so much so it is wonderful to stay connected from afar. The girls are starting to get the hang of it, but we still have to work out what time of day will be best for their moods! LOL. But, even though they haven't fully warmed up on camera, once we hang up they are full of "we saw Auntie Shelley!!!!" and walking around the house pretending to tell her stories. :)
I'm Sorry you're sick, Mommy...what's for dinner?
The past two weeks have been full of gross colds and possibly the flu for Rob, it was touch it go and oh boy let me tell you, when a woman has a cold/flu no one expects anything less than a typical day.
I saw an Ad for Kleenex the slogan was "I'm sorry you're sick Mommy ... What's for Dinner?" and the next one was "America's softest tissue for America's Biggest Baby ... Get Well Soon Dad". KUDOS to Kleenex ... this was so spot on in our house the past two weeks. You all know, I love Rob dearly, and he is an amazing Daddy and Hubby, but oh boy when he is sick he could be nicknamed "sniffleupogus" Kinda like Snufflupagus from Sesame ;) The drama!! Thankfully, he is feeling all better and is back to his very wonderful self!

No comments:

Post a Comment