Sunday, November 21, 2010

Special Time


Tonight Julia and I got to go grocery shopping, just the two of us. We went to Whole Foods with a very big holiday cooking list and it was the most fun I have EVER had grocery shopping! She is such a little character. I would read off my list, "Ok, we need lettuce" and she would look around the produce section and say "there it is Mommy, your salad". Then onto, apples and broccoli, and potatoes, even when I asked her for the "herbs", she pointed right to the basil and oregano plants. I was shocked at how much she knows about the foods we eat! Like my mother said this weekend, "that Julia loves to cook, she will probably own a restaurant".
We zoomed up and down the aisles, talking about all the yummy food we will be preparing, she smiled the entire time, followed all of the rules and was rewarded with many smiles and hugs from a happy Mommy ... and to top it off, we stopped and rested with a small Gelato.

Thanksgiving shopping was a big success!

No comments:

Post a Comment