Monday, March 16, 2009

Now I've Had the Time of My Life ...



... Yes I swear, it's the truth and I owe it all to ...

my wonderful husband, sister and best friend. Rob spoiled me for my birthday (Yes, I know this post is late - but it's still MY birthday month so I can write about it as long as I want to!). He colluded with April and Danielle and organized a girls night out in Boston. How fantastic is that?!! I would have been in birthday heaven with just a meet up for a drink but they went all out and made reservations at a very chic and yummy downtown restaurant (http://www.ivyrestaurantgroup.com/). We enjoyed a delicious assortment of Italian plates ... my favorite being the Arrancini. We also finished off a bottle of Cabernet in a little under an hour, so I was feeling quite sassy when we headed off for our big girls night. And big it was!!! Rob treated us all to Dirty Dancing LIVE! It was like watching the movie right there. The songs, the dancing, the story line, all just wonderful. We did all agree that NO ONE will ever replace Patrick Swayze as Johnny ... it just can't be done. I mean, come on, to get a guy dancing and singing and still irresistibly hot that is a rare talent and unfortunately this poor dancer/actor did not meet those guidelines. But we didn't let that deter us from boogie and singing along. We had a blast and were a marketers dream ... we bought the Dirty Dancing coffee mugs and the 20th Anniversary DVD -- yup can you believe it has been 20 years since this classic debuted??!!! Danielle came over the next night and we somehow managed to rope our men into watching the movie into the wee hours of the night, I think I saw their legs tapping a few times as if they were about to jump off the couch and go all Johnny on us! he he he.
Not only that, but Rob found my Dirty Dancing CD and that has been in my kitchen entertainment repertoire ever since!!! Rob's a bit hesitant since he feels it's not quite appropriate to teach the girls all this Dirty Dancing business yet ... but who doesn't love to dance while prepping dinner. So far the girls both love it when Mommy busts out the spatula "microphone" and twirls them around to "Now I've Had the Time of My Life".

So, in short, my birthday was amazing ... loved every minute and love my husband, sis, Mom and Michael, my girls, and my wonderful friends and family so much. Thank you all for sending your birthday wishes!!!

2 comments:

  1. That is awesome! And kudos to Rob on making your weekend such a special one. You are good!!! I am glad you had such a beautiful weekend and I saw that you had the blazer on.......it looks awesome on you!!!!! I am so glad you got that. That is a keeper. Glad you girls had such a great time.
    Love mich

    ReplyDelete
  2. mary, it was a great bithday weekend! i love you! xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete