Thursday, July 15, 2010

Crazy Mermaids ...


Yesterday myself and two other crazy mermaids decided we COULD NOT miss a training day ... regardless of the torrential downpour! We rode 14.5 miles in soggy, dripping clothes and sneakers, up some pretty good hills to our running destination where we ran another 3.5 miles of trail, river, and pouring rain fun, jumped into the lake for 1/4 mile swim, then hopped on our bikes back for another 6 miles! It was actually really FUN!!!!! The rain made us cool the entire time and that was my favorite short run EVER! I think I like trail running and have to add that into my training. My sneakers are still water logged today (I had to wear an old green pair for my run this morning!) ... but it was awesome to keep on and share that with the girls. We were missing 3 of our teammates but our final "team training" is this Monday and then the big race is on Sunday, July 25th!

Here is a photo of us crazy ladies midway through the 2.5 hour training session (Lori, me, Gretchen).

No comments:

Post a Comment