Saturday, November 28, 2009

THANKFUL








Happy Thanksgiving to you all! We had the most perfect holiday week(end), it's hard not to stop and pause and think about the good things in our world. My family came to our house and we all cooked together. Which I absolutely LOVE. My Mom is doing amazing, even with a recovering right hip, you would never know since she's cruising around prepping the Turkey and stuffing at 6 a.m.! Rob made his new favorite pumpkin pie (Gingersnap/walnut crust with a cranberry drizzle) -- it is to die for! April shared her ever so wonderful cranberry sauce and Timmy indulged us with his amazing New York cheesecake (how fitting since he really thinks he is a true New York -- boooo YANKEES fan!) but we had the most relaxing and wonderful holiday together. The girls made a special Turkey of their own with Daddy -- they cut out their hand prints and used them for turkey feathers and traced their shoes for the turkey body -- it's a cute version of a turkey, I love it because it has both of them combined into one crafty keepsake.
This year, many many of my friends were hosting their families for Thanksgiving and that got me to thinking -- are the tides changing? Are we all getting to the point where we are the adults???? UH-OH! But then again, it's really nice. It's nice to have the chance to show our families how much we love them and treat them to a really special dinner. I hope all of the dinners came out wonderful.

Though the day to day may keep us from settling down, it is ever so important to stop ... reflect ... and report on those things we are Thankful for.

I am Thankful for ...

  • Our family of 4 + 1 cat ~ this early flu season has showed us we are fit for 2 kids only and definitely no dogs!
  • My sweet husband and the best Daddy to our girls
  • Emma and Julia ~ it's been amazing to see them growing/playing and to see how much they love each other
  • My Mom
  • RaRa and PopPop
  • My Sister
  • Auntie April and Uncle Timmy
  • My wonderful friends ~ you all fill me up with joy
  • Staying in touch with my big family, I am really glad we had our reunion and all got reconnected on Facebook
  • Facebook ~ can not believe that's on my list but really it's been a great social tool
  • Running
  • My health
  • Red Wine ~ Pinot Noir and Zinfandel to be exact!
  • Honey ~ it has done wonders in helping with this year's coughs and sore throats!
  • the iMac ~ it simply rocks
There is much more ... but that's my short list of things that make me feel ever so grateful.

1 comment:

  1. Did you see Will and Molly's turkey?! (It's on our blog) It's the same as the one you made with the girls!! :-) Sooo cute. It's unbelievable how we can live all the way across the country and still be soooo similiar...thanks for keeping your blog, makes me feel like I talk to you every day. :-)

    ReplyDelete