Wednesday, September 16, 2009

See Mommy ... Swim, Bike, Run ...

in the Trek Women's Triathalon in July 2010.

Sara and I have decided to begin training for a women's Triathalon. I know ... it's crazy right? Part of me knows it's crazy, but then there is the other part of me, the forever athlete part, that screams, Go For It! The Triathalon consists of a 1/2 mile swim in a lake, a 15 mile bike ride and then a 5K run.
Sara and I have been really great for motivating each other so I find it perfectly fitting for us to push it to the next level. We will begin training this Winter with swimming at our local town hall pool. Most of you know ... I am a terrible swimmer, so I definitely know this is going to be a big challenge. Especially when I read about how terrifying it can be for the race to start and thousands of women diving into a Lake and poor little me trying to keep my head above water! But, I am determined. This will be good ... I will learn how to swim and I will stay in great shape through the Winter months.
So stay tuned ... I will write with our training highs and lows.
First on our agenda is a 5K road race this weekend and then a Relay Marathon in October.



No comments:

Post a Comment