Thursday, September 24, 2009

Just holding tight

This past week has been a whirl wind. Though my mother was calm as a cucumber in anticipation of her total hip replacement surgery, I, the forever planner and analyzer, did not sleep a wink leading up to it! But I am happy to report she did excellent and is being a good little patient and cruising right along -- literally. She is expected to go home on Saturday and I will be there to visit and spoil her on Sunday. I can not wait!
With all of that going on, I have really taken time to just hold on tight. I have been squeezing as many hugs out of my little girls as I possibly can. It's amazing. They are growing up so fast. As I type this, Julia is on my lap saying 'shish' (meaning I want to see the fish on the computer) and I am just squeezing her tightly and smelling that beautiful baby fresh smell. Although, she really isn't a baby anymore ... and that leads me to ponder ... are we really done having babies? That can not be answered quite yet. We are just ... holding tight ... because for now things are feeling quite right.

No comments:

Post a Comment