Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Girls Weekend

This weekend marked our 2nd Annual Girls Weekend, it all began out of the idea that with life moving full steam ahead it is very rare that we get to turn off from responsibilities and just catch up over good food and a few glasses of wine (ok, a few is an understatement). It is a time where we check responsibility at the door (except for that once daily check in with the significant other, crossing your fingers that everything is indeed ok because really what the heck could we do about it over the phone anyway??!!) and just be friends ... We share in the cooking, cleaning, and advice giving and we also share our favorite things.

It began with a sunny afternoon on the beach drinking amazingly delicious yet extremely economically sound Vino Verde (Portuguese White Wine) while letting the ocean breeze blow through our hair. All of us quickly got into place:
Me - Black and White polka dot Tankini under beach dress, sunhat, 50+SPF and wine glass full
Michelle - Navy Blue Bikini, Sunglasses, Hair beach wavy tousled yet pulled up, and a moderate 18 SPF all over with an application of 30 SPF in the "high exposure zones", water bottle full
Danielle - Black Bikini, flip flops flying off as soon as a granule of sand touches her toe, silky shiny hair flowing in the breeze, sunglasses, and wine glass full
Dianna - Chocolate Brown Tankini, Sunglasses, hair pulled up neatly, jewelry off to avoid ANY tan lines, grinning ear to ear because today she is NOT wearing sunscreen!

And from there our "Women's conference" began. Discussions around every topic a woman could conjecture; there were tears, there were giggles, there were pee your pants moments like "keep your blouse on b*tch" comments from an enraged Masshole driver (Our front seat wouldn't agree but the backseat says the comment was probably warranted!); our discussions are thorough and frank all at the same time. It's an amazing blend of 4 friendships and something that I can now never imagine my life with out.

1 comment:

  1. I know I was there, but I love what you write about our weekend. The description of the 4 of us is so spot on and really funny! I had the best time that weekend and even though it ended for some scary news for me, I had my 3 pillars right there with me. I don't know what I would do without you girls either! I feel like this year's girls' weekend was especially amazing though because we all have had very big things on our plates and it is was so nice to share, support and offer a listening ear to it all. I know these weekends will be the time of my life for the rest of my life. GET READY FOR FLORIDA....NEXT YEAR THE CASSINELLIS ARE HOSTING!

    ReplyDelete