Sunday, March 1, 2009

Spanish tapas galoure!

Last night I got to try (yup keyword is try) to have a fun night out at my sister's. She put together an amazing Spanish tapas menu, it was amazing. From pomegranate sangria to Spanish chorizo and blue cheese puffed pastry tarts. It was all so delicious. And it was fun to hang out with her girl friends and catch up ... but ... little miss Julia seems to have her mother's personality and always wants to be part of the party! My attempts to put her to sleep on schedule were met with raging cries and her nearly throwing herself out of the pack n play. But as soon as I stepped into the kitchen, where the rest of the girls were, she was as happy as a clam. Smiling, laughing, flirting away! She is undoubtedly becoming a social butterfly. Well this Mom wanted some quiet time so I continued to attempt to settle her in for bed and until 11 p.m. she vehemently fought it. So at that point I decided to cut my losses and just head back home. That is the thing ... parenthood makes you have to assess and reevaluate all of the time. Do I stay and let her be ... and risk having a maniac child all day Sunday ... and a miserable Mom from lack of sleep too! Well I am happy to say I did make the right decision ... we arrived home at 12:30 and she was glassy eyed and gave Daddy a hug and feel peacefully asleep as soon as she hit her crib. She slept until 8:30 a.m. So I've decided not only is Julia a party animal, she also very much likes to sleep in her own bed.
Sorry to my sister that I had to leave, I was looking forward to hanging out this morning. But I had a great time and really loved all of the yummy treats and the girl time!

1 comment:

  1. sorry you had to cut your night out short. I know that stinks. April's menu sounds amazing though, so please share recipes April....I always love new appetizer ideas.
    I love the pictures of the girls getting their hair cut. Julia is growing too fast for this auntie.
    We have two Kerr birthdays coming right up....
    Love m

    ReplyDelete