Tuesday, March 31, 2009

All in all a good day :)

Being in the final stretches of tax season ... well Rob being in the final stretch of working ... and our household hanging in there until April 15th, when family dinners can begin again and after dinner walks become routine, we have needed to take many "breathers" as they say in my field.

Rob and I recently realized we both get testy this time of year ... why wouldn't we? We are juggling full time work schedules, 2 toddlers, and full social calendars ... all of which bring us joy ... much of the time. But still, some days are just a lot to take in, today however was not one of them.

Today was one of those good days, where really nothing could bother the order of things. It was over 50 degrees for more than 8 hours, work went smoothly and I felt accomplished and invigorating by the Girl Power group working hard and overcoming some obstacles. I picked up the girls at daycare and they both shrieked in excitement to see Mommy. Renee even shared that Julia was babbling all afternoon "maaaaamaaa" and hugging her baby doll and saying it some more "maaammmmaaaa". Julia did her sweet knee hopping all the way toward me and Emma ran in front of her and grabbed my legs and proudly exclaimed "I made you a picture and it has all these wonderful colors, see Mommy pink!". Ahhh, how can you not melt and just not let anything bother you?! So when Emma asked to go to the park I of course obliged and said, "Sure sweetie". We made a quick stop at the baseball field and park and the girls enjoyed swinging together. This is really becoming a fun stage, both Emma and Julia being able to swing and laugh ... together. So sweet. Julia is very motivated to be like her big sister. Emma climbed up the ladder, Julia lunged out of my arms to try and climb the ladder ... now she won't walk independently, but climb a 5 foot ladder after her sister ... SURE!!!!

We stayed for about 30 minutes then Mommy declared, time to head home for dinner and to my surprise the nearly 3 year old did not protest, but simply said, "Ok Mommy. Can you make grilled cheese?" Again, I say SURE!!!!! How easy is that? So it was grilled cheese, raisins and big smiles for dinner with my girls.

After dinner, we got to play and sing and dance, another trait Julia is quickly acquiring, she loves music and has some rhythm already ... she likes to shake her booty! So so so adorable.

Then it was bed time, Emma got to watch a show while I read a book and rocked Julia for her special bed time routine and then Emma got her own Mommy time and she played a new fun game ... do Mommy's hair and put on pretend earrings (these were colored bangle bracelets that Auntie April got for her) ... she hung them on my ears and told me how "magical" I was. This little one is full on in the Disney princess mystique!!!

To wrap up this simple yet good day, I am online at 9 p.m. and have vacuumed, cleaned the dinner dishes and picked up all the toys! To me this is an all in all ... good day. Let's see if this can roll over to tomorrow!




2 comments:

  1. I love the pic of Julia in the pink chair. She is so cute and I can't wait to see her (and you) on Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful day!!! Yup, some days everything just seems to go fantastically. My sister, Britt, was actually just telling me how she loves that you girls are blogging because you are going to have all of these great stories and special memories written down to look back on. This one is a keeper!!!!!
    Love M

    ReplyDelete