Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Good for the Soul ...

This weekend was one of those "good for the soul" kind of weekends. Not only did we get our Christmas tree but I also got to spend an ENTIRE day with my best friend on Saturday. A big thanks to Rob for taking care of the girls all day ... and with out any complaints! The girls loved having their Daddy home with them all day.
So Saturday I left for Clinton Crossing Outlets at 9 a.m. and meet up with Michelle at 10:15. We got to peruse and shop leisurely with out any time constraints such as, "I can stay for 1.5 hours because I have to get back to feed the baby" or "I can shop for 2 hours while the girls nap". Nope I was granted a girls day away. It was awesome and very very much appreciated. Michelle and I took full advantage of this rare opportunity and did what any Irish gals would do ... we ducked into a Pub around 2 p.m. for lunch and a beer (Guinness for me and Heineken for her). It was lovely! We got to gab for hours about life and all of the changes we have gone through, some wonderful and some unexpectedly frustrating, but through it all we have been able to lean on our friends! It is a beautiful thing when you only see each other a handful of times each year but the moment you walk up to one another it's like you were never gone. We also got some amazing steals at Banana and JCrew and Michelle snagged a great dress at Off Saks. All in all it was a very successful shopping outing and even more, it was just the catch up day we needed. Big hug, friend.
And Sunday brought a snowy morning which made finding our Christmas tree even more fun!
I, being the city girl that I am, bet Rob that since it was snowy that people would opt out of finding a tree that day. Well Rob was right, snow=nostalgia and therefore lots of families cutting down trees. But it was perfect ... everyone knows I love a crowd! We took the tractor ride out to the trees and Rob cut down our perfect 3rd Christmas tree (Julia's 1st!). What a pretty tree!

We also got to enjoy a first ... christmas cookie decorating with toddlers and other pre-school aged children. It was so refreshing and sweet. Sara and Matt hosted and had all the fixings for fantastic sugar and gingerbread cookie masterpieces. I think Emma met the quota of eating 8 cookies! That little girl loves her sweets ... hmmm wonder where she gets that from? :) Thank you guys for the fun night, I love all of the holiday tidings.

No comments:

Post a Comment