Monday, November 24, 2008

I'm thankful for ...

So, I was tossing and turning, trying to get a peaceful nights sleep but can not settle down. As you can see it's now approaching 11:30 ... that's late for this Mama. I am usually fast asleep before 10 p.m. dreaming of my morning coffee, the grins of my two girls, and a kiss from my hubby to start my day off right. But for tonight, things are not in line. I now recall that as a child I was also this way before a big holiday. It is in my nature, I am a reflector (is that a word?). This is what I do, I reflect and sometimes it keeps me from getting to the task at hand, such as sleep. However, sometimes it gets me to a better place. A place where, POOF I create a blog! (As I write this I have a vision of my sister, she is grabbing her cell phone, enjoying my new snazzy holiday ringback, with a big smile on her face thinking ... FINALLY, my baby sister has joined the rest of the modern world and will access the good parts of technology. Well, sis, hopefully this makes you smile and will be a way for you and me and the rest of the free world (JUST KIDDING) to stay connected.)
I hope to use this blog as a place to reflect and share what I think might be interesting tidbits.
In that spirit, tonight I am feeling thankful...
  • I am thankful to have a loving family and to be looking forward to spending this long weekend with them.
  • I am thankful for my husband, who worked tirelessly this weekend to install a pellet stove to be more green and to keep us cozy in these long winter months. (By the way babe, I am already adjusted, but you knew I would be)
  • I am thankful for my daughters and their sweet smiles, their infectious giggles, and the neverending hugs.
  • I am thankful to have a Mom who has shown me just exactly what that word means ~ it has a new ring now that I am one, thanks Mom.
  • I am thankful for my Sister who always finds a way to show she's with me.
  • I am thankful for my Chief of Staff, she knows who she is. Thank you for being my sounding board and for always staying connected.
  • I am thankful for my Partner in Crime to be moving back home!
  • I am thankful to have plans to see my Grandparents and for the girls to spend time with their Great Grandparents during the holidays.
  • I am thankful for Monday night dinners and our other weekly get togethers with our closest friends out here, with out your family mine would be too quiet. LOL
  • I am thankful for our jobs.
  • I am thankful for the warmth in our home.
  • I am thankful for the food we have in our home.
And finally, tonight ... I am thankful that my family is peacefully asleep.

8 comments:

  1. Welcome to the world of blogging!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. marybeth, thanks again for being my inspiration. i can't stop blogging! hahaha. I love you lil sis and I can't wait for the holidays to begin, 1 day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi friend,
    What a great idea!
    It seems like a really awesome way to keep in touch and let everyone have a little peak into your life. I know Dianna is loving it. You both also know, I'll probably be 50 when I start blogging.....he he! I am totally behind on the new technological advancements myself. I fight the power until people start threatening me to stop being my friend : ). I did though have a great idea that I have to tell ya later on the phone. I know you're going to love it. I loved reading what you are thankful for and they each made me smile. Thanks for the shout out.
    Of course I write a novel on these things, but I'll give ya a blogger's tip when it comes to me....Dianna has to remind me to look b.c. I am like a 77 year old and am never on my computer. LOL Mich

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok now that you have joined the blogging world you have to be even more hip and join Facebook! It is so much fun and a great way to keep in touch with a lot of people!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This was great, I love reading everything you had to say. It was great to chat with you last week. I miss you! I agree with Jodi even thought I do not know her you shuod join Face Book!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. alright, alright. i joined but i don't know how often i will use it. thanks girls!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the blog!! It is so great to hear about the details of the Kerr Family! I am so happy to be back and can't wait to spend more time with you, Rob and the girls. I couldn't stay away a minute longer! Can't wait to see more blog posts!

    ReplyDelete